13 September 2010

Why you so obsessed with me?

September 1, 2010


At this point, it is Wednesday which means that I have only been in Europe for a total of four days. Sadly, I am already suffering from severe, Pearl-separation-anxiety.  Pearl, my five-year-old, maltese is my baby girl.  I openly admit to being completely and utterly obsessed with her... and fluffy, cuddly dogs in general, for that matter.  My best friend often jokes that I talk about my dogs as if they have human characteristics.  I cannot even deny this.


Pearl Girl

Anyhow, Firenze is bopping with dogs! Native dogs. Tourist dogs. Dogs in bike baskets. Dogs with earthy-crunchy-painter-types.
Lauren (a fellow Crusader abroad with me) and I, frequently bombard these Italian dogs--cooing and cawing at them while receiving creeped-out stares from both their owners and random frightened onlookers.
Today, while chowing down on panini, we shrieked at the sight of “Emu,” a curly, gray wolfhound from Holland.  He LOVED the attention and his owners must have found us truly hilarious because they most definitely took embarrassing pictures of us obsessing over him...

No comments:

Post a Comment