13 September 2010

Pronto?

August 30, 2010


I arrived in Italy without a phone or any idea what I would use as a phone.  Though I do not consider myself addicted to my adorable, little env2, I have become quite accustomed to having it whenever I need it.  Thus, one night in a foreign country with a family that I just met and no way of contacting my HC counterparts at all, was enough for me!
The next day, I ventured over to Vodafone when it first opened at the bright and early hour of 3 pm. Welcome to Italy, hello Italian-Time!  
There, my very friendly, round, Italian salesperson introduced me to my precious, new telefonino.  Sure it’s lacking the full keypad and no, there is no time display on the outside of it.  But my “Extreme Simplicity” flip-phone would surely be the object of any seventh grader’s desire...maybe ten years ago.
Possibly even better than my cool, new cell was the reaction I received from my Italian salesperson when I pulled out my credit card to pay.  (Background: My Bank of America card sports a super-girly depiction of ‘Hello Kitty.’)


This image is from GOOGLE. Therefore, it is NOT my own card. I'm not that silly :)

The salesperson-- unlike my Ho Cro friends who constantly make fun of me for my sparkly, pink card-- was OBSESSED with it.  After squealing “Ello Keeety” in his Italian accent and prancing around the store, showing it off to all of the other salespeople, he proceeded to take a photo of it.  Yeah, I’m pretty sure that it’s now the background of his phone.
Ridiculous day 1? I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment