13 September 2010

Buon appetito

September 7, 2010


Last night, Attilio and I ate pizza together.  My first pizza since arriving! Though a total cliche, Italian pizza is truly phenom: super thin, super sweet, super delicious.
Unfortunately, because the pizza is so thin, the Italian custom is to eat an entire pizza da solo.  Those who know me know that I am only ever good for two slices.  Thus, it goes without saying that I was not able to finish the entire pie...
This afternoon, during my first week in Italy, I did a big, Italian ‘no-no.’  I wrapped the few remaining slices of pizza in a roll of tin foil and brought them to school for lunch. 



Dear Italy,
     Even though my pizza was made yesterday, it was still SO delightful for lunch today.  When I cannot finish an entire meal, it is not because I do not like it, but merely because there is no room in my stomach for another particle of anything. It’s that simple. That said, make a little space in your fridges and stop hating on leftovers.
   xoxo Love, Jenna

1 comment:

  1. 2 slices..thats a joke..your good for 1, 1.5 tops girlie. Good thing they haven't seen you eat a hamburger yet haha leaving those smiley faces on the outsides. Love ya

    ReplyDelete