13 September 2010

Struggle #1

August 29, 2010


2 suitcases, 1 clothes-whore. Need I say more?  

Is it even humanly possible to pack for an entire year?  There are different seasons, different occasions, different headbands to match different sweaters. If you ask me, there is simply no way.
If you ask Lufthansa Airlines, however, you would probably receive a different response. I thought that they’d cut me some slack for paying for a flight to Italy.  And I guess if you count an extra “ski bag”--which, of course, I do not own-- then, in a way, they do.  
Lufthansa, I understand that your employees are all so fabulously German... And sure, you do splurge for the heated towelettes and free vino, but 44 pounds for a bag of luggage? That’s just plain cruel, man.*
Luckily, with one packing-master (Thanks Mom), four days of sadly/angrily/painstakingly ditching coveted items,** and one-hundred trials on the bathroom scale, my two suitcases passed under the limit with flying colors.  
Now that I’m here, let’s hope that I can happily live with the same clothes for the rest of the year! 
*My Nana would disagree that the weight restriction is cruel. After I described to her my epic battle with this weight limit, she convinced me that 44 pounds is actually very possible. After all, with a little work, she was able to keep her suitcase underweight.  Wait a minute Nana, you went to Europe for 10 days. I don’t know if your luggage is a fair comparison here...
** Dear Black, Patent-Leather, Peep-Toe Pumps, 
          I miss you terribly and every time I wear a skirt or dress or even my jeans that you would flatter so perfectly, I regret leaving you behind. But let’s be truthful, you wouldn’t want to take on these rickety, cobblestoned streets anyway. 
   xoxo Love, Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment