5 March 2011

And the travels continue

In case you haven’t gotten the vibe from past posts... my life is insane.  After returning from Ireland on Wednesday night, we left for yet another adventure on Friday.  Attilio and Sylvia laughed in my face, Oscar started in on the questions, and Nina pouted a bit about her Disney-Channel-loving-game-partner leaving yet again.  
Where to this time?  Amsterdammmm.  
Holy Cross essentially relocated to the Netherlands for the weekend.  No joke: 13 Crusaders--all girls--from HC study-abroad universities all across the European continent, teamed up to take on Amsterdam.
 In all honesty, though, I think I would’ve been better off with an elderly tour group because my favorite parts of the trip were without a doubt, the museums.  When offered a club or a museum, which do you think most twenty-year-olds, would prefer?  I’ll give you a hint... a place with bumpin’ jams and no pointillist oil paintings in sight. Not this girrrrl.
Luckily, Emily and Mattea, two girls studying in Bologna, planned on waking up early for a trip to the Riijks Museum (which is filled to the brim with works by Rembrandt and Vermeer) anyway!  Later in the day, I was in heaven... also known as the Van Gogh Museum.  The museum elucidates all of the different phases of Van Gogh’s artwork with large printed narratives strewn across the walls.  Props to the curator!
While cruising along on a hop-on/hop-off ferry, I also fell in love with the colorful houses dotting the canals.  They are so thin and tall, with the most adorable roofs, making them look more like cardboard cutouts than the real thing. Sadly, it was still too bitingly windy and cold outside for any sign of tulips. For my return-trip to the Netherlands, I think I’ll be hitting up your crowd, Nana. I’m sure it’s bursting with flower-aficionados who can lead me to the tulips.

Things they probably couldn't do, though? Attack the I-AM-sterdam sign like a bunch of energetic college girls can. It's unbelievable how much fun you can have posing with a few giant letters:

Taking some family's Christmas Card Photo 2011.
Note Adair & I trying to get the attention of the little girl and dog...
We should probably start up a business.

I arrived back to a Florence full of sun and warmer (not warm...warmer) weather!  Today, while I was pulling my jeans from the clothesline in the fifty-degree sun, Sylvia informed me that it was “snow weather.”  Sistahhh, you’re jokin’ right? I looked around a bit at the cloudless sky and just laughed a response. This is spring weather; not snow weather!
However, just in case, Mom and Auntie Linda, I hope you packed your Moon-Boots... Florence knows big style.

No comments:

Post a Comment